“Well-known” customer service of British Airways
I recently had an experience with “well-known” customer service of British Airways.My wife – Nika Yavtushenko - traveled from Kiev to Shanghai with a connecting flight in London on September 27th, 2016.
She didn’t have Chinese visa, but had a written confirmation that she would get it on arrival to Shanghai. It was not her first flight to Shanghai, but the first one with British Airways. She didn’t have any problems at Borispol (Kiev) airport, but she was not allowed to board the plane. Airport employee at the gates told her that she didn’t have proper documents and that’s why she was not allowed to fly.
Also, the employee said she would call for manager. Meanwhile the plane took off without my wife. Finally, manager didn’t come and another employee informed my wife that they made a mistake. Also, they blamed employees from Borispol airport who didn’t put some kind of a stamp to my wife’s passport.
She was informed that they would arrange a flight to Shanghai in the morning and she could go to have a rest… Do you know where???? TO JAIL!!! She had to spend all night in JAIL without her belongings and luggage. My wife declined the offer and said that she prefers to spend the night at Heathrow terminal.
But they didn’t let her to do so as it violates human rights! So, it is ok to spend the night in jail without phone, laptop and it is not a violation of human rights? Finally, they forced her to go to jail. So, night at Heathrow jail can cost you $700.
Do you still want to fly with British Airways? But this is not the end of the story. I have tried to speak to the representatives of Kiev, Moscow and London offices about this issue and to find the answers on why it actually happened. They confirmed that this was a mistake.
I demanded to compensate my wife one day of her contract, the night spent in jail due to the mistake of the airport employees and the ticket cost. They promised me that would do an investigation. I have been trying to contact them and make them answer during 3 months. Finally, on November 15th Isma Khan, British Airways representative from the London office, have contacted me and asked me to send a copy of the invoice showing the cost of the ticket.
I thought this would be the end of the story. I emailed Isma Khan once a week asking about how the investigation was going. But nobody replied to my emails. My wife had a flight back to Kiev on December 19th.
I decided to email British Airways office to make sure that she would not have any problems on her way back. As she had a lot of stress before. I did even call Kiev office, and they assured me that everything would be fine. However, her ticket was cancelled 3 hours prior to her departure by Isma Khan!
My wife had to spend $1,200 for another ticket in the airport. So British Airways actually stole about $2000. Now I am going to sue British Airways.
I tried to contact them on social networks but they blocked me didn’t let me to leave any comments.You can find more detailed story by following these links: https://www.facebook.com/iavtushenko/posts/1297781663620165 https://www.facebook.com/iavtushenko/posts/1207125392685793
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Number of Destinations|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Food|
|Level of Comfort|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " While traveling from BWI to New York during the Christmas holiday a few years ago with my young daughter, I encountered an Amtrak conductor with what appeared to be..."
- "I seldom make written complaints about service, but find it very necessary to inform you of the substandard and horrible service provided by Etihad Airways. I will NEVER in my..."
- "I travelled through Etihad Airways from Ahmedabad to London via Abu Dhabi and my flight details were as below in August FLIGHT EY 227 - ETIHAD AIRWAYS– Ahmedabad to Abu Dhabi FLIGHT..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "I was making my travel reservations on Cheapoair for my trip to Boston- Athens, Athens-Santorini and Santorini-Athens and Athens-Bos. As I had to make separate reservations Bos-Athens-Bos, Athens-Santorini-Athens for the..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I was cheated by Michael John Walker. We didn't talked on Skype so maybe someone used his photos ( even from passport ) and other information. He wrote a lot..."
- "Order number E1603180945360157 on march 222016 It was my first order.lts very oood.than 1 have made some things to get a points (add avatar.etc).which ican spent for my first order already...."
- "I was betting for an item on eBay. When I won this item, I realized that if had wrong description from a seller. I tried contacting him asking if I..."